22 March 2010

John Mayer; Yes Please.

Last Saturday night, we dropped Noah at friends, Sandra and Alejandro's house, and headed to the Scottrade Arena to see the John Mayer concert.

THE JOHN MAYER CONCERT!

I was so stoked, and I have to say, I was not disappointed. It was, hands down, the best concert I've ever been to. He is a true artist, and although he is definitely a little bit full of himself (ok, totally cocky), the man has an amazing voice, he writes beautiful music and lyrics, and he absolutely kills it on guitar! I love his work, and I listen to it loudly on a daily basis.

The night was also really great because Matt and I were together, just the two of us, which doesn't happen all that often these days. He was a real gentleman, doing all of things a girl secretly hopes her husband will do when on a date! It was a great night!

If you don't have this album, it is very worth the money. There are a ton of good songs on it, not just a few like so many other pop artists. My favorite is Edge of Desire. Really, you should check it out.


PS: If you are a lover of good music, check out my sis-in-law's blog about Zach Williams. I've got some of his stuff, and he's amazing!

No comments: