08 March 2011

A McNutt Christmas, 2010

This picture was actually taken just as we were saying goodbye to my parents, but it shows the setting well so I'm putting it first!
We traveled to Gatlinburg, TN for Christmas with my family this year. It's such a beautiful area, made even more beautiful by the Christmas Day snow.  One of the highlights of the trip was announcing our pregnancy to the fam. This is how we did it:
It took everyone just a couple of seconds to catch on, and then they were of course super excited for us. Unfortunately, this new little nugget made my Christmas vacation a little rough. I was sick almost the whole time, and spent a large majority of time in bed or just being a deadbeat. Made me extra sad since I don't get to see my brother and sis-in-law very often - I hated being sick when I could have been hanging with them.  

To start our trip off, we had to find a Christmas tree! We found this practically empty lot at a church, and they wanted to just give us the tree!
We picked one out, and this is the moment Noah learned that Daddy is strong! Matt picked up the tree, and Pops said to Noah, "wow, your Daddy is strong" and Noah hasn't forgotten it. He reminded me of this fact just today even. Pops still wanted to pay for the tree, so we did and headed home to decorate!
We decorated the tree with the ornaments Grams brought, and here Pops is helping Noah hang one.
The next day we traveled into Gatlinburg, and then up to the mountaintop of the Appalachian Trail. This is where the bad news began for me. It was a beautiful sight, but I knew things weren't good, and I needed to put my head down. We decided that we should go back to the cabin, while everyone else enjoyed being out for a while. Ironically, getting back to the cabin was not as easy as we thought it would be. Poor Matt was trying to follow the GPS and get me to a bed as fast as possible, but we just kept getting lost! It took us forever to get back, and I knew he was trying so hard, but all the while I was just getting sicker. Oh, it was miserable! We finally made it, and I was in bed the rest of the day. I was supposed to make dinner that night (it was Christmas Eve), but my poor mom, with the help of Matt and Marsa` took up my slack. 

The next morning was Christmas, and I was feeling a little better, but still not great.
Noah got to see his big gift from Pops! His very own work bench. He got right down to business.
He also got a new art easel! Which he and I both love!
And a new train set (Ruthie was very interested!). And new tracks, a new boat, race car, books, a race track...the boy got plenty of new toys for Christmas!
On top of opening his gifts, he wanted to help Uncle Ben open his!
And Daddy's too!

After opening gifts, Marsa` made biscuits and gravy, a breakfast that I had actually never had. I don't think that all biscuits and gravy meals are created equal (from what I've heard) but Marsa`s was delicious!

After the early morning festivities, I mustered up enough energy to try to have some fun with my boys in the snow. I'm glad I did.
Because I got to see this...drunk on snow!
This is a side view of the house we rented. It was a great place! Marsa` is hanging out with the pups.
Noah and Daddy in the snow.
Noah and Daddy in the hot tub, with Noah's new boat of course!
Family photo!
Since I am usually the one trying to capture all our moments on camera, and I was a little out of commission, I don't have very many pictures from our holiday together. Sad! As usual, I love seeing my family and miss them immensely. I just wish I could have enjoyed them more! It's so frustrating being sick.
It was still a merry Christmas though!

No comments: