02 December 2008

Time with the Girls and Noah's Cold

We stayed in the Springfield area throughout the Thanksgiving weekend, and I was able to spend time with some friends. Amanda and her daughter, Brooklyn, and Noah and I hung out at Sarah G.'s house on Saturday afternoon. We were going to go shopping, but Noah was dealing with his first cold, so I kept him in and the girls were cool with that. In fact, they were able to scrapbook a little, while Noah and I spent some quality time in Sarah's massage chair. It was fabulous! Matt and I have got to get one of those things! Amanda and I had a chance to catch up, and I was so glad she was able to meet Noah. Later that day, Amanda headed home and Sarah went shopping with me, Debbie, and Janet, while Matt kept Noah. We didn't want to take him out in public due to his first cold.
Speaking of this cold...oh, it was awful! Well, it probably could have been worse, but thank the Lord that it was as mild as it was. Noah had a lot of drainage, and he was choking on it. So there was a lot of coughing, sneezing and gagging; not to mention the runny nose and red eyes. It about broke my heart to see him so uncomfortable. I slept with him for a couple nights on the couch to keep him more upright...he seemed worse when he was on his back, but I'm afraid that those two nights set us back a few steps in the 'sleeping through the night' progress. I don't know if it is because he's been sick or because of our nights together, but he's been back to waking up every few hours. Anyway, he never had a fever, and he seemed to recover pretty quickly. I'm sure it was only the first of many colds. I'm going to be such a wussy mom...how am I going to deal with broken bones? Good grief.



No comments: