23 April 2009

Granola

Courtney would be so proud~ I made granola for the first time yesterday! The pictures are of my second batch because I messed up my first. On the first try I didn't add enough honey, and I baked the granola at too high of a temperature, so it came out really dry and almost had a burnt flavor. Not good. Before trying again, I read through several recipes online, and then constructed my own based off of my research. I used 3 1/2 cups of rolled oats, 1 cup of slivered almonds, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1/3 cup of canola oil, and 1/2 cup of orange blossom honey. I mixed it all together, then layed it out flat on a baking sheet and baked for 25 minutes at 300 degrees. I like it! Better yet, Matt likes it. He couldn't stop munching on it last night, and that's always a good sign!For breakfast this morning, I had some organic yogurt, heavily sprinkled with my granola and a spoonful of Almond Butter. The only thing missing was some fresh fruit on top. It looks a little too brown. It was super delicious though, and a great way to start my morning!

2 comments:

The Edgren Family said...

Ummmmm!! I can't wait to get the ingredients to copy you! I love granola, but have never attempted to make my own. I'm enjoying Cascadian Farms Dark Chocolate Granola right now.

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) said...

Yay! Homemade granola! SO great. You should check out Ellie Krieger's recipe. Super basic and absolutely delicious. In fact, I am going to make some tomorrow!


And the pictures of Noah in your most recent post are HILARIOUS...especially the last few =)