04 February 2011

Sushi with Edward


As if the day could have gotten any better, amazing friend, Shanna, pops out with this for my bday gift! Yep, that's exactly what it looks like...an Edward doll from Twilight. I got her the Shake Weight for her birthday and she got me Edward! She wins, hands down! Matt says, "Hey this is going to be a collector's item. Don't take it out of the box." This is why I love this man. He could mock or roll his eyes, but he just quietly supports (perhaps "supports" is too strong of a word), condones rather, this little pop obsession I have going! Shanna, you are hilarious. I bow down to your wit.

My afternoon continued with sweet words from friends and family. I got an awesome call from my nephews singing happy birthday, and later one from my little bro, Ben. I also got a lovely card from my bro and one from my parents that included entirely too much shopping money! But, I'm sure I won't have any trouble spending it! Oh, and last weekend, Deb and Steve gave me a beautiful butter dish and oven mitts from Anthropologie! My butter dish looks so pretty on my counter. Thank you family!

Noah gave me another sweet gift: as I was putting him down for his nap: he asked me to put my hand on his ear. He's never verbalized it like that before, although he has just moved my hand to the side of his face when I rock and sing to him before putting him in bed. I love that he loves my touch.  

I also got a pretty good nap in; which ended suddenly when this 2 1/2 year old of mine appeared naked and laughing beside my bed. WHAT? How did you get here?! Why are you naked?! I didn't really need an answer to either question, since it was obvious that he had climbed out of his crib (for the first time) and stripped because he had had an "accident." Not sure why he was laughing, other than he was just really proud of himself, and he likes to be naked. We snuggled in bed for a little while, before he requested a snack.

Soon it was time to get ready for dinner. I could have found a sitter, but decided just to keep it a family event. The Gourley's and Matt Harris and daughter, Blaire met us at Wasabi, where Shanna provided tons of laughter with the aforementioned Edward doll. She also picked up cupcakes from The Cup for dessert. Such a thoughtful friend! Noah was very interested in eating with the chop sicks, and he thoroughly enjoyed the edamame, which made me very happy! Good, relaxing time with good friends. Perfect ending to a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

Nice! Hard to beat that! Glad you had an awesome birthday. Lots of love.