04 June 2010

The Sandidge's Came!

Sarah and Jay came to visit us last week for three full days before continuing their trek to Ohio.  We haven't spent that amount of time under one roof since they lived with us (several years ago when they were in transition back to Springfield from Nashville). We  had such a lovely time togther.  It made me homesick for my friend.  Whenever we get to spend any amount of time together we always grieve about the distance between us.  We dreamed a little about what it would be like to live in a compound-like situation.  Everyone helping with everyone else's children, sharing the cooking, the chores, the farm responsibilities (because of course we would have chickens and a cow)...  

Well, back to reality.  If I can't live in the same city as my bff (or on a compound), at least we can have visits. Sarah, Jay and Matt had to work during the week, so one of the days, I took Lula and Noah to lunch and Walmart with Shanna, Aidan and Reese.  I loved it! And I think Lu had a good time. At lunch, Aidan asked Lula, "where's your mom?" "where's your dad?"  He was talking to her and offering her his crackers, just like she was another one of his friends. That  kid cracks me up! Lula was happy to take his crackers.  Later, I had a little moment of "how am I going to get two kids into Walmart when there's only one seat in the cart" panic. I quickly remembered that I had the Bjorn in the trunk, so I put Lu in that and Noah in the cart.  They played happily together as I shopped, and I thought to myself, "I can totally do this!" 

During their visit we also, took walks, had a picnic in the park for Will Malone's birthday, played in the Tower Grove fountain, visited the Cupcakery, went shopping, and watched a few movies (It's Complicated, An Education, and about 5 minutes of 2012...don't waste your money on that one).



 
 
 
Lula and Noah bonded, as is obvious in these last photos.  They were giving each other goodbye kisses. So cute!

3 comments:

Shanna Gourley said...

Such cute photos! I'm so glad we got to spend time with Lula. She is such a doll! I love her haircut! I wish I could have been able to spend time with Sarah, maybe next time.

marseille said...

haha. ben and i liked 2012. we recently realized that we enjoy movies involving natural disasters. weird i know.

Jesse and Kristin Moore said...

Looks like such a fun time! Is that baby Kye Kye? WOAH! He always looks so much older every time I see him!